drawing by Cynthia Gehrie
The easiest way to volunteer is to come to one of the regular “work parties” on Saturday or Sunday mornings. A complete schedule is also available at the North Branch Restoration Project.
There are also opportunities every day for a wide variety of people:
- People with full-time, indoor jobs who would like to also use their special skills for nature after hours.
- Anyone who might like to learn restoration and be a crew leader or full site steward leading weekend “workdays” some day.
- Retired people or any people who can find time on weekdays for special projects.
- People interested in getting into the fields of restoration or land management and who would benefit from apprenticeship opportunities.
- Anyone who has a big heart, cares about nature, and is willing to learn how to make a difference.
Check out the volunteer roles—who's doing what—and even look for a spot for yourself! (Please contact us for more information or to volunteer.)